Date: October 14
Time: 11 am - 2 pm
Location: Recreation Center of Highland Park located at 1207 Park Ave. W, Highland Park, Illinois
Admission: FREE - there is no entrance fee but tickets will be sold to play the games, etc.
Additional Venue information: Plenty of parking is available onsite. This is an indoor event that will take place in one of the basketball courts with food and redemption in a separate room.
What kinds of activities will you have at the carnival? We will have 20+ carnival games, balloon twisting by Aunt Nora, face painting, KidSnips will be doing hair, TAT4u will be offering airbrush tattoos, a bounce house, trivia games by Loren of Fun, Fun, Fun DJ's, and music & dancing games with Mindy from the Rock & Roll Arts Academy.
Are discount tickets available? Until Friday, tickets are being sold on the CHERUBS Illinois blog at a discount when you use coupon code = CHERUBS. Just click the drop down menu on the right hand side of this blog to purchase your discounted tickets. For a very limited time, you can purchase 15 tickets for $10 (with coupon code). Normal price the day-of the carnival will be $10 for 12 tickets.
Any other way to get more Free tickets? Yes, check into the CHERUBS Kids Carnival on foursquare and get 2 more FREE tickets (when you spend at least $10 on tickets). Just show your check-in at the ticket booth to claim your 2 FREE tickets. Only 2 FREE tickets per family.
Is there an unlimited game pass available? Absolutely. For $25, you can purchase an unlimited 2 hour game pass. The pass is valid for 2 hours from time of purchase (or until 1:30 p.m whichever is earlier). The pass is valid for all carnival games and the bounce house. Pass is not valid for face painting, tattoos, food, raffle, etc.
How much does everything "cost"?
- All carnival games will cost 1 ticket
- Bounce house will cost 2 tickets
- Small face paint (arm, cheek, etc.) will cost 1 ticket and a full face paint will cost 3 tickets
- Airbrush tattoo will cost 1 ticket and so will a balloon animal
- KidSnips makeovers will cost
- 1 ticket for temporary hair color and/or faux mohawk
- 2 tickets for an awesome braid
- 4 tickets for a braided hair wrap with colored string
- Trivia games are FREE (and we have some great pizes to give away)
- Highland Pop popcorn will cost 2 tickets
- Cotton candy will cost 2 tickets
- Vienna hot dog lunch (including soda/water, chips and a pickle) will cost 4 tickets
- Sugar Beez cookies will be 1 ticket and Spunky Dunkers donuts will cost 2 tickets
- Carnival tickets will also be used to participate in the silent raffle for amazing prizes
What kinds of prizes are available in the silent raffle? Too many to list right now...but great stuff from the Chicago Sky, Bulls, Boomers, Wolves, Lynfred Winery, Wildfire, Creative Celebrations, Rock & Roll Academy, Embraced, Fab Band, Sprinkle with Love, The Hungry Monkey, Panera Bread, Noodles & Co., Sports Clips, The Best Salon, Make-a-Messterpiece, and lots more!!
Anything else? We will also be selling 50/50 Raffle for Research tickets for $20 per ticket. 50% of the sales go towards CDH research and the other 50% of ticket sales go to the winner. The goal is to sell 1,000 tickets so $10,000 can be donated towards research and the winner will receive the remaining $10,000.
What forms of payment will be accepted at the carnival? You can pay for carnival tickets with cash, check (made out to CHERUBS), or credit card. Please note that 50/50 Raffle for Research tickets can only be purchased with cash or check.
Will donations be accepted? Of course! You can make additional donation checks out to CHERUBS or just tell us to "keep the change" to make an additional donation. You can also make a donation to CHERUBS or to the Carnival Fund right here on the CHERUBS Illinois blog using your credit card.
See you on Sunday!!