CDH Research Bill: A Senate committee is currently reviewing the $50,000,000 CDH Research Bill (Senate Bill S.3396). It goes without saying that his is HUGE for the entire CDH community. Roughly $4,000,000 is allocated towards CDH research per year vs. $79,000,000 for Cystic Fibrosis. What can you do? Write your/our Senators to let them know that you support this Bill. Just for everyone's knowledge...this Bill is just asking for money that is already appropriated towards medical research to be reallocated towards CDH research. This isn't incremental dollars added to the budget....the money is already there and being spent on other birth defects and diseases. Here are some links to make it easier for you:
- Sign the Change.org petition showing your support (we need around 3,600 signatures to reach out goal)
- Write your senators! This is crucial and here are some templates to make it that much easier. Especially important is writing the 22 members of the committee reviewing the Bill. If the Bill doesn't get approved by the Committee...then that's it. This template also includes the addresses of all 22 senators in the reviewing committee.
- Email your senators...email addresses are very easy to find
- Set up a meeting with your Senators
- Review the actual Bill.
- Track the progress of the Bill.
CHERUBS Fundraisers & Events: There are so many events and fundraisers that I am having trouble keeping track right now. Here are a few of them:
- September 15 - CHERUBS Indiana Picnic
- October 14 - Chicago CHERUBS Kids Carnival...everyone is welcome! Here are the Facebook and Eventbrite links for additional information. This is going to be a great fundraiser and a great time!
- October 20 - CHERUBS Masquerading Angels Ball...this is CHERUBS largest event/fundraiser and sure to be a lot of fun!
- Along with the this is the 50/50 Raffle for Research going on right now. The goal is to sell 1000 tickets so the raffle winner would win $10,000 and the remaining $10,000 would go towards CDH research. I have tickets that you can buy direct or feel free to purchase them online.
- For more events, check out the CHERUBS Event Calendar
- Online Fundraisers
- 50/50 Raffle for Research - Tickets are $20 a piece
- $5000 CHERUBS Challenge - This is a great fundraiser from the friend of CHERUBS' own Fundraising Coordinator (Melissa). Valerie has offered to shave her head (and donate her hair to Locks of Love) if she can raise $5000 for CHERUBS. I believe someone else has also stepped up and offered to shave her head too if we can raise $10,000 for CHERUBS.
- Marathon fundraiser - The Green family is running a marathon to raise money for CHERUBS!
- Give $1 CHERUBS Fundraiser - This is a catch-all fundraiser that I created for anyone who wants to donate directly to CHERUBS.
I probably missed something, but this is a good start...